[mythtv-users] Disk Space UI

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Sat Jan 19 09:18:34 UTC 2008

G'day,

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 10:55 -0500, Ryan Steffes wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2008 10:49 AM, Ryan Steffes <rbsteffes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > That sounds like an excellent request to put to the king of mythtv
> > status information.   I hope you don't mind me CCing you directly
> > Andrew, but is there any chance you could add a "Next ten recordings
> > scheduled for deletion" type blurb to mythtv-status?

> Actually, setting mythtv-status on a cronjob to email you and her on
> low diskspace and conflicts may BE the best answer for the moment.
> She may not check disk usage, but she can read and email and see if a
> show she cares about is on a list, right?  Andrew gave us a great tool
> that he hosts: http://www.etc.gen.nz/projects/mythtv/mythtv-status.html
>   (More details:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/298182?search_string=mythtv-status;#298182
> )

This sounds like a pretty good idea.  I have the starts of this written,
I just need to fine turn it a little (the query to the backend for shows
that will deleted is showing a bunch of ghost recordings for me, and I
need to filter it to the next 10ish).

Expect a new release of mythtv-status with this feature soon!  (I will
make this feature disabled by default though...)

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven
Wellington, New Zealand