[mythtv-users] Odd slowdown when trying to skip forward 30 seconds

Brad Dillon brad.dillon at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 14:02:06 UTC 2008

Greetings Myth-Users.

I am having a weird slowdown issue on recorded video when I try to skip
forwards or backwards on a networked front-end.  When I hit the skip button,
it skips the 30 seconds of video, and then the video slows down into super
slow-mow for about 2 seconds, and the audio sync is way off.  Then it
resyncs itself after about 3 seconds.  Aside from skipping, video playback
is flawless.

I have a fairly decent computer running the frontend (AMD X2 4000, 2 GB of
mem), so I believe it should be able to handle it.  Also I have other
frontends running over the network without this problem, so I think the
network should be fast enough.  One item to note is that I have it playing
on a widescreen monitor (not sure if this would be a factor).

I have searched through the list archives, and haven't found anyone with a
similar problem.  I am at wits end, any guidance you may be able to give me
would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

- brad