[mythtv-users] A clustered PVR just rocks...

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 05:29:17 UTC 2008

On Jan 20, 2008 5:11 AM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> > They don't even need full backends running on them. They just need to
> > run mythjobqueue to process the jobs.
>
> And, running mythjobqueue to process the jobs is a supported,
> known-working config.  Running a tunerless backend is an unsupported
> config and not guaranteed to work now or in the future.

Oh, sweet!

So, say a person was running Ubuntu with the official Ubuntu packages,
would one need to install the mythbackend package to be able to
execute mythjobqueue?  I am guessing you would, since I imagine that
also includes the mythtranscode and mythcommflag programs.  I also
imagine it would be best to not do this over wireless since the whole
recording data will need to be transfered to the machine running the
job.  And, finally, how would you configure the mythjobqueue to talk
to the backend?  I can't see anything on the Wiki that is relevant
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mythjobqueue).

Cheers,
Whytey