[mythtv-users] A clustered PVR just rocks...

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 05:33:39 UTC 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 2:24 PM, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had to transcode two HD shows last night and it took *forever*.  I
> sat there working on my laptop that was doing nothing at all and
> wondered whether I could use it for any good?

Another question, I notice on my dual core CPU, each of the myth*
programs only ever uses one of the cores.  I guess it would be
better/quicker to use both if only one job is running.  Is it possible
to configure the programs in some way to do that?

FTR, I am using a Pentium D 3.0GHz CPU.

Cheers,
Whytey