[mythtv-users] Myth can't passthrough digital audio, but xine and mplayer can

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Sun Jan 20 05:38:00 UTC 2008

Ray my aplay -L doenst have a spdif either.
asgard ~ # aplay -L
front:CARD=ICH5,DEV=0
    Intel ICH5, Intel ICH5
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=ICH5,DEV=0
    Intel ICH5, Intel ICH5
surround41:CARD=ICH5,DEV=0
    Intel ICH5, Intel ICH5
surround50:CARD=ICH5,DEV=0
    Intel ICH5, Intel ICH5
surround51:CARD=ICH5,DEV=0
    Intel ICH5, Intel ICH5
null

Myth is set to use "ALSA:iec958" on my system but as you can see above aplay
says it does not exist. It is however in the dropdown in the mythfrontend as
a passthrough device.
I'm going to send you a message off list with a modified version of the
script from the wiki that should theoretically work in your configuration.

Marc