[mythtv-users] Digging up a very old thread - Live TV on Master using Slave backed card - FIXED!

Richard Scott richard at rhysmission.co.uk
Sun Jan 20 14:10:17 UTC 2008

Had an ongoing problem, detailed here,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/291657#291657 ..

Quote:-

Got a master backend with 2 DVB-T tuners, 1
combined frontend/slave backend with a PVR-350 linked to my Sky
satellite system and a standalone frontend elsewhere.

The combined frontend/backend NFS mounts the storage from the backend.
This can watch LiveTv with any of the 3 tuners. The standalone frontend
also NFS mounts the storage from the backend, but can only watch using
either of the DVB-T tuners in the master backend. If I try and change to
the PVR-350 input, it just times out.

If I start recording using the PVR-350 backend, I can watch that
recording on the standalone frontend.

Turns out that the backend IP address was not set correctly on the slave
backend (it was still pointing at 127.0.0.1).