[mythtv-users] ATTN: Users of XMLTV tv_grab_uk_rt grabber v0.5.50 with recent missing listings/errors

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:19:01 UTC 2008

Dear all,

A very recent update to the tv_grab_uk_rt grabber in CVS is affecting
the current 0.5.50 release version of the software.

The update, which adds supports for natively timeshifted channel data,
and support for channels on Freeview which do not broadcast all day
(Virgin 1, UKTV History etc) is affecting how the current release
version of the grabber parses the list of available channels
(channel_ids) retrieved from the XMLTV.org supplement server. Signs of
the problem may include missing listings for some channels, errors
when running the grabber in non-quiet mode to retrieve listings or
configure new channels.

The best solution to this problem (aside from upgrading to the
development version until the next public release) is to export the
$XMLTV_SUPPLEMENT environment variable before running the grabber, and
set it to your local XMLTV share directory (for ex.
XMLTV_SUPPLEMENT=/usr/share/xmltv). If running the grabber from a
script, you can export this variable before running the grabber. If
running the grabber via another piece of software, e.g. MythTV, you
can export the variable before running the software in the same bash
session.

This should ensure the remote channel_ids file is not queried at all,
and will eliminate the problem. If there are still issues after
implementing this workaround, please let me know.

If you do update to the development version of the software, please
let me know of any problems with that too. If it's stable, and
providing good listings data, I'll push for a new release of XMLTV.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott