[mythtv-users] Recording Schedules Question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jan 20 22:14:06 UTC 2008

On 01/20/2008 02:00 PM, Tim Sawyer wrote:
> When I record a single showing of a show, how come the show is still listed in
> the recording schedules after it has recorded?  Surely it should be removed
> as it's not needed any more?  Or am I missing something?

It is removed.  Answering when it will be removed is a bit more
complex.  However, note that you /must/ (if using 0.20-fixes or below)
run mythfilldatabase to do this and other periodic database maintenance
(in SVN trunk--and, therefore, in the upcoming 0.21 release, all the
cleanup has been moved to the backend, so it will be done
automatically).  If you don't need to run mythfilldatabase for listings
(i.e. you're using EIT only), make sure all your sources are set to "EIT
only" or "No grabber" and run mythfilldatabase once every (day|couple
days|week|month) or just once and wait for 0.21 to be released.

But, just because a recording just finished does not mean you can run
mythfilldatabase immediately and clean out that old rule...  (Again,
when is more complex.)

Mike