[mythtv-users] TV out on nvidia 7300

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Jan 21 04:30:00 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Mitch Gore
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 2:48 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] TV out on nvidia 7300

On Jan 19, 2008 4:13 PM, Tim Sawyer <mythtv at calidris.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Folks,

I've got an MSI nvidia 7300LE card with a TV out.  It's like a svideo socket
but has more pins - I'm guessing that a normal svideo lead should work (as
the svideo pins do line up nicely).  There was zero useful documentation
with
the card.

The reason there are more pins is so you can you can use the component out
dongle to get 720p and 1080i to your HDTV.

But yes, standard S-video can plug into the card with no problem.

Mitchell

Hey all, it's just like Mitchell said, i have the exact same card. There is
a dongle that you can plug into the tv out port, and that dongle gives your
svideo and component (only one at a time works though).

Also, I have that same card as you guys, but my playback is not the
smoothest using ubuntu 7.04 and the kernal deinterlacer. Bob deinterlacing
does not work for some reason. Can you guys let me know if you are able to
use Bob deinterlacing and if so, how? What are your nvidia-settings
settings?

-Thanks
-Steve