[mythtv-users] DVB-T users in the UK - please send me your dvbscan channels.conf file

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 07:26:16 UTC 2008

On 20/01/2008, Razza <razza30 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/01/2008, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 8<------ SNIP! ------>8
> > The initial aim of this work (I understand other, more global ideas
> > are also being discussed) is to enable easy creation of new video
> > sources containing the full complement of channels having listings
> > available from the Radio Times, for a range of different TV services.
> > The intention is to use the currently-discussed XMLTV Lineups features
> > to enable this. Some sources require an initial scan to correctly
> > populate the tuneable channels list, whilst others need to be
> > configured entirely manually.
> > 8<------ SNIP! ------>8
>

> Hows this initiative going Nick?

Information collation stage at the moment, primarily DVB-T serviceid
information from across the country.

> Do you have a web/wiki page?

No, bu the lineups proposals have been discussed on xmltv-dev and on
the xmltv.org wiki.

> Am I correct in assuming this would also populate channel info within Myth
> for DVB-S?

Yes, it should cover services which can be legitimately received in
the UK/Eire and can use listings from the grabber - analogue
terrestrial, DVB-T, DVB-S, and Sky/Virgin over composite/S-Video using
an IR blaster.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: