[mythtv-users] ATTN: Users of XMLTV tv_grab_uk_rt grabber v0.5.50 with recent missing listings/errors

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 07:58:17 UTC 2008

On 20/01/2008, Andrew Sayers <andrew-mythtv-users at pileofstuff.org> wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:
> > The best solution to this problem (aside from upgrading to the
> > development version until the next public release) is to export the
> > $XMLTV_SUPPLEMENT environment variable before running the grabber, and
> > set it to your local XMLTV share directory (for ex.
> > XMLTV_SUPPLEMENT=/usr/share/xmltv). If running the grabber from a
> > script, you can export this variable before running the grabber. If
> > running the grabber via another piece of software, e.g. MythTV, you
> > can export the variable before running the software in the same bash
> > session.
>
> Would it work if I put $ENV{XMLTV_SUPPLEMENT}='/usr/share/xmltv' on the
> second line of the tv_grab_uk_rt file?  That way, I know the fix will
> always be applied, and I don't have to remember to undo it when the
> update comes along.

Yes it will. A much cleaner solution than the one I posted. Perl
mongers happy with accessing the environment this way will keep the
workaround limited to the one file that will be upgraded, so there is
no chance of forgetting to remove the line after installing the new
release.

I'm also testing whether simply reordering the newly-added channels in
channel_ids will simply cause them to get overwritten when the 0.5.50
grabber runs, which would mean no workaround required.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/