[mythtv-users] TV Out quality (S-Video) on Epia M1000

Stephen Dolan stephen.dolan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 13:39:02 UTC 2008

On 21/01/2008, Tim Phipps <mythtv-users at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

> I'm using the composite output on mine which is good enough for PAL TV.
> As other have said use 720x576Noscale in xorg.conf and disconnect the
> monitor from the VGA before booting. I can only get monochrome from the
> s-video in my set-up. No idea why and it's a shame since the picture is
> a bit shaper than the composite output. (It's s-video into a s-video to
> scart connector)

Sounds like your TV doesn't support an S-video signal. Not all of them do,
and sometimes the TV will only support an S-video signal on one of the SCART
sockets. For example my TV has 4 SCART sockets, but only SCART 2 supports
s-video. If I plug the s-video->scart cable into any of the other SCART
sockets on the TV then I get a monochrome picture.

Check the specs for your TV.