[mythtv-users] UK Freeview Mux A Jerky Playback Other Mux's Fine?

Oliver Maunder mail at olivermaunder.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 16:52:21 UTC 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 9:54 AM, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I watch QVC (and other channels on this mux) I get very jerky or
> stop start playback but other channels are generally fine.

This could be down to the bitrate allocated to the channels. According to
Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB-T_in_United_Kingdom) there are
19 channels broadcasting on MUX A but 5 TV channels on MUX 1 (plus a few
radio channels). I've certainly noticed a big difference in picture quality
watching QI on Dave and on BBC2.

I've noticed some nasty artifacts with scrolling text - particularly
horizontal scrolling credits. I assumed it was my deinterlace settings, but
I haven't looked into it much. I'll take a look at News 24 and see if things
are better there. Try using a different deinterlace method and see if things
improve.

Olly