[mythtv-users] mythwelcome and shutdown/wakeup

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 21 17:01:48 UTC 2008

On 01/20/2008 09:47 PM, James Hood wrote:
> Thanks for the link. Just to answer my original first question, I looked at the code and mythbackend does *not* take the next time it will grab Program Guide data into account when calculating the next startup time. It only looks at the next time it is scheduled to record a program.

While mythbackend doesn't, please ensure that mythshutdown/mythwelcome
(whatever code it is that writes the boot time) doesn't, either.  I
don't use them, so I can't say.  When I saw your first message come
across, I couldn't remember whether Paul Harrison had changed them (I'm
also assuming one of them, and not mythbackend, decide and write the
time to boot, though I didn't look at the code) to look at the suggested
next run time or mythfilldatabase start/end periods and I haven't gotten
a chance to look.

> The good news is when the backend does eventually start, if it is past the scheduled time to get Program Guide data, it will grab the data then. So it's not broken, but it might be nice to have the option to wakeup the system to get EPG data.

This I remembered, so since you started to look up the part I didn't
know, I figured I should post the rest of my response, now.  See the
following posts (and/or threads) for more info.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/263447#263447
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264096#264096
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/290527#290527
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/290606#290606