[mythtv-users] Proper Timings for IR Blaster for U-Verse Set Top Box

Eric (MythTV) eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com
Mon Jan 21 19:40:46 UTC 2008

Hello everyone.  I had AT&T's U-Verse installed on Friday, and am
currently working on getting my MythTV box to "talk" to the set top box
properly.

I was able to get the PVR-150 IR Blaster to work, and found the proper
code-set for the blaster.  (0/130, for those interested).  I can send
codes to the set top box, and the set top box receives the codes.  YAY!

The problem is the channel changing script, and the timings (I think?).

Sometimes the channel changes correctly, and sometimes it doesnt.

Sometimes a change to channel 452 puts me on channel 45, etc.

I've read its all about getting the timings right, the "gap" in the
lircd.conf file.  I've tried some samples I found online, and then start
playing around with it myself, stabbing in the dark, but have yet to
find something that works consistantly.

If anyone can point me in the right direction on this, I'd be greatly
appreciative!

THANKS!
--Eric