[mythtv-users] Multi-rec - thoughts about max no. of recordings

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 21 20:12:57 UTC 2008

On 21/01/2008, Paul Mason <latepaul at gmail.com> wrote:

> As I just said above I'm mainly just curious, though it will be nice to know
> what's possible. The main reason for getting multirec was the ability to do
> back-to-back recordings with some overlap.  I've  just set up a test  that
> will record  6 programs at once (well for a few minutes anyway - it's 2x 2
> back-to-back recordings + a couple of others). I'll let you know what
> happens.
>

> --
> Paul Mason

Hi Paul

I've got 3 Nova-T's which I think will be more than ample to avoid
pesky conflicts, I suppose I should schedule 6 shows at once and see
what happens :-D Fortunately I've got 3x300GB disks (Loving the
storage groups, only gone to SVN recently for multirec!) I just hope
it spreads the recordings out intelligently among the drives, I'll go
search the archives for that.

As an aside, when using LiveTV I am getting lots of those "You should
have channel lock by now" messages which are a PITA so I'm off to
search for a solution to that as well!

Steve Daniels
(In the UK)