[mythtv-users] Viktor's Bob deint patch for interlaced modelines

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 12:47:26 UTC 2008

Hi, does anyone know of a mythtv package for Ubuntu that has Viktor's bob patch compiled in? Or has it been included in the main mythtv branch already? There was some talk about a mythtv-vid branch but I think that was merged a while ago, though with or without the patch I've no idea...

I've just tried a VGA to scart cable with a 720*576 PAL interlaced modeline and am coming up against the same sync issues that others seem to have; unless it's paused and started again at a specific frame it has either constantly jerky movement or slight jerks every few seconds, usually starting when there's a lot of movement on screen. Currently if I use bob it seems to drop to about 1 or 2 fps so is unusable. Other deint methods are ok but not as smooth as interlaced when it's working.

I'm also getting slight flicker to any still images outside of tv watching (desktop, myth settings etc), more so than via a regular tv image (via dvd / stb / analogue). Using a progressive 50Hz modeline looks alright so I don't know if it's something to do with the interlaced modeline or something else...

Does anyone have any recommended PAL interlaced modelines? Preferably standard 720*576 or 768*576? I've tried a few (mainly from steve hall's nexus page and a gentoo mythtv wiki) but get varying results with them (some are more likely to jerk during tv playback than others) so I wanna try out as many as possible.

Thanks, Christopher
The Crimea / The Crocketts
http://www.inaudible.co.uk