[mythtv-users] Digital Audio and MythMusic...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jan 22 17:01:58 UTC 2008

On 01/22/2008 11:47 AM, Noah Markon wrote:
>> Use the ALSA config (~/.asoundrc) in the wiki without modification (your
>> card uses device 1 for digital) and:
>>
>> aplay -D mixed-digital english.au
>>
>> or
>>
>> aplay -D digital english.au
> Wow Cool it worked, well I shouldn't say that just yet, but I didn't
> get the error!
>
> I'll test again when I get home, thanks for all your help!

I told you it's easy once you learn far more than you're interested in
learning about your sound card and ALSA.  (Now you're making me feel
even more guilty about not having finished the ALSA HOWTO stuff for
Myth.  Perhaps once 0.21 is released...)

Glad it worked.  Enjoy.  :)  (And, if you get home and it doesn't error,
but you don't hear anything, it's just a matter of switching the right
switches in alsamixer...)

Mike