[mythtv-users] Errors Watching x.264 encoded videos..

Noah Markon nmarkon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 17:23:42 UTC 2008

> It doesn't matter where they are recorded, the Internal player relies
> on the seek table to determine where all the keyframes are in a video
> when playing it back.  The rebuilding of the seek table re-scans the
> video file for these frames and marks their position in the database.
> It uses this index to skip back and forth through the video.

Ok I'll give that a try when I get a chance.

> I have lots of x264 encoded videos that I play with the Internal
> player without problems.  Which revision of x264 are you using?
> Perhaps its the codec itself that's causing problems (especially if
> xvid encoded files work fine).

I guess I shouldn't say that x264 is the problem now that I think
about it. I was testing using handbrake, and some of my files did work
while others did. I think it depended on the audio encoding I picked.
If I chose AAC, it wouldn't play, if I used MP3 it would. Currently
I'm using meGUI with all the default options, I'll try encoding a file
using MP3 and see how it works.