[mythtv-users] HDHR Intermittent Recording

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 01:41:07 UTC 2008

OK guys, it's happening again.  None of my recordings have even shown up in
the Recordings page.  I'm trying to view LiveTV now and I get this error:

MythTV is already using all available inputs for the channel you selected.
If you want to watch an in-progress recording, select one from the playback
menu.  If you want to watch live TV, cancel one of the in-progress
recordings from the delete menu.

While this is displayed, I have run this:

hdhomerun_config 10106767 get /tuner0/debug

I get this outputs:

tun: ch=auto:867000000 lock=none ss=40 snq=0 seq=0 dbg=16159-6725
dev: resync=1592911 overflow=0
ts:  bps=0 ut=0 te=0 miss=0 crc=0
flt: bps=0
net: pps=0 buferr=0 neterr=0 stop=0

When I run it for the other tuner, I get this:

tun: ch=none lock=none ss=0 snq=0 seq=0 dbg=0
dev: resync=0 overflow=0
ts:  bps=0 ut=0 te=0 miss=0 crc=0
flt: bps=0
net: pps=0 buferr=0 neterr=0 stop=0

Obviously, the tuners aren't in use.  I even ran a scan and dumped it in a
text file.  The scan picks up the two digital channels that I get, and shows
them as VERY high signal strength and SNQ.

SCANNING: 557000000 (us-bcast:28)
LOCK: 8vsb (ss=100 snq=74 seq=100)
PROGRAM: 3: 43.1 WYZZ-DT

I don't plan on rebooting either the backend of the HDHR until this gets
resolved.  I'll have to wait for my Simpsons fix.  Thanks for your help!