[mythtv-users] Viktor's Bob deint patch for interlaced modelines

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:12:36 UTC 2008

On 22/01/2008, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23/01/2008, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 22, 2008 9:36 AM, Steve Smith <st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Chris,
> > >

> > > I've been trying to figure this out myself as I currently use Viktor's
> patch
> > > on my 0.20 system.
> > > Looking at the source code for mythtv-vid and the current trunk, it
> seems
> > > that it might be in for OpenGL mode but not normal XVMC mode, so
> you'll
> > > still have to do the modification yourself....
>
> > While I'm at it...forgive my ignorance, but what exactly _is_ the
> > mythtv-vid branch anyway.  I never understood that one.
>
> There is nothing currently relevant (to this discussion) in the
> mythtv-vid branch that hasn't already been merged into trunk.
>
> If you have a valid 720x576 interlaced modeline working with trunk,
> try the 'Interlaced (HW 2x)' opengl deinterlacer. It may give you some
> good results (it works well for me over DVI to my LCD tv, also tested
> on my PS3 over scart to a CRT display).
>
> Alternatively, if your graphics card/driver combination can't cope,
> wait a few days. I should have a software/CPU based version ready
> tomorrowish.
>
> Need to get some sleep first - 3.30 in the morning here...
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

Mark,

Yes, that's what I meant! Basically my reading is that the OpenGL code seems
to supply a 2x deinterlace that recognises the existence of interlaced
output modes....

However.... can my system do OpenGL? (P3 900Mhz + Nvidia 5200) I seem to
remember reading that a 6series Nvidia was the minimum for using the OpenGL
support in mythtv-vid.

Cheers

Steve