[mythtv-users] The end of analog - Digital Converter Vaporware?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 17:49:39 UTC 2008

> > I thought this action was only for OTA signals and has no effect on
> > cable providers.
> 1.  You are technically correct
> 2.  Rumor (and wild speculation!) has it cable companies may be
> itching to drop their analog broadcasts shortly after....remains to be
> seen.

I kind of doubt that. The reason is that (at least Adelphia and now
Comcast) they charge for analog and then an additional charge for
digital. For me this is $55 / month for analog and I believe it is $20
to $30 more to upgrade to digital. If they pushed everyone to digital
they would have to lower these rates...

John