[mythtv-users] The end of analog - Digital Converter Vaporware?

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Wed Jan 23 18:10:14 UTC 2008

Brian Wood wrote:

> True, but a lot of cable operators (mine included) are trying to
> convince people that "The FCC is requiring us to go all digital".
>
> Totally false, but they get t raise rates and blame it in the
> government, and most people will believe them.
>
> beww

Charter in my area is already slowly moving channels over to digital.
Take G4 for instance, I used to get it just fine over analog, they have
since removed the analog channel and offer it digital through my STB
now. Of course the STB is hooked up to Myth via firewire and for some
reason G4 is encrypted so I can't record from it.

Thats only one example this has happened on several channels here
lately. Each time they screw with their line-up I lose a channel due to
firewire encrytption.

Mike