[mythtv-users] Mapping to a Windows share

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 24 01:34:36 UTC 2008

I recently put Windows XP back onto my main PC in the house, mainly
because I couldn't get any drivers to work for my ATI Radeon X1600 card
on FC8, and also because the Flash support for x86_64 was non existant.
So I went back figuring I'd try again at a later date.

Anyway, I have most of my MP3s on my Windows box.  I'd like to allow
Myth to access them from there instead of copying them over to the Myth
box.  I have a share setup called Music on the Windows box and it's open
to Everyone (permissions-wise).  When I try to mount to it from my Myth
box, nothing happens.  It just sits there forever looking like it's
trying, but never mounts it.  I'm entering:

             mount 192.168.1.101:/music /mnt/music

Any ideas?  I'd really like to not have files duplicated on 2 machines.

Thanks,
Harry