[mythtv-users] Re-record something being shown in HD?

Taco Mel taco_mel at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 03:13:11 UTC 2008

If I had previously recorded something and it's still
in my list of recorded programs, then of course it is
not going to be re-recorded by default.  However, if
my existing recording is in standard definition, and
it is being re-shown in high definition, I would like
to have the HD version record.  (For example, in
December "Polar Express" was shown on a non-network
station, which for me is SD from the DirecTV box, and
subsequently re-shown in HD on ABC which I could have
picked up over the air.)

A similar question - I might have something recorded
on a channel that is not commercial free, and then it
gets re-broadcast on one that is commercial free.
(For example a movie that was shown on a "normal"
station and then is re-shown on Encore.)  I would want
to get the commercial free recording because it would
be more likely the original movie, not edited for
content.

Can Myth be configured to automatically record a
program again in these situations, either as a power
search or in some other way?