[mythtv-users] MythTV as a Gift (Hardware Recommendations)

Dean Harding dean.harding at dload.com.au
Thu Jan 24 05:26:40 UTC 2008

David Segall wrote:
>> Actually, I do have one more question.  Silver or Black for the Antec
>> Fusion 430?  I was going to go with Silver, but I was wondering if those
>> who owned it had a different opinion.
> I can't help you decide but be aware that the display and the IR
> receiver differ between the two cases. I only "know" this because of the
> note on this page
> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Volume_Knob_on_Antec_Fusion>.

The Black has an LCD screen which is much newer than the VFD used in the
Silver. I have some preliminary patches for the LCD on my website (go to
http://codeka.com/forums) but in your case I'd probably stick with the
Silver ... at least until my patches make it into a released version of
LCDproc (the VFD used in the Silver is already supported in the latest
release of LCDproc).

Dean.