[mythtv-users] Re-record something being shown in HD?

James Hood ebenblues at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 05:36:44 UTC 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 9:49 PM, Taco Mel <taco_mel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm aware of how to schedule the recording once I know
> that this is going on, but my question is more about
> how to see that the HDTV recording is going to take
> place in the first place.
>
> I ended up writing a couple SQL queries for this.  For
> HDTV:
>
>        select  recordedprogram.title,
> recordedprogram.subtitle,
>                channel.callsign, channel.name,
>                program.starttime
>        from    recordedprogram, channel, program
>        where   program.chanid = channel.chanid and
>                program.programid = recordedprogram.programid and
>                recordedprogram.hdtv = 0 and program.hdtv = 1 and
>                program.starttime > now()
>        group by program.programid
>        order by program.starttime
>
> and for commercials:
>
>        select  recordedprogram.title,
> recordedprogram.subtitle,
>                channelA.callsign, channelA.name, channelB.callsign,
> channelB.name,
>                program.starttime
>        from    recordedprogram as recordedprogram, channel as
> channelA, program as program, channel as channelB
>        where   recordedprogram.chanid = channelA.chanid and
>                program.programid = recordedprogram.programid and
>                program.chanid = channelB.chanid and
>                channelB.commfree != 0 and channelA.commfree = 0
>        group by program.programid
>        order by program.starttime
>
> I ran these queries and found two episodes that I want
> to re-record so I did these manually.  However I am
> curious as to whether Myth can do this automatically.
> Perhaps an option within the duplicate detection
> algorithm that will not flag something as a duplicate
> if the existing recording is not HDTV and the new
> scheduled recording is?

Sounds like you should make those sql queries into a userjob script that is
run for your default recording profile. The script could automate this
process for you. It would require some work on your part, but you wouldn't
have to wait for a fix in svn, although I agree this would be a nice
feature.

James

--
"The humble learn the fastest because they don't waste time on defending a
false image."