[mythtv-users] Are there any Capture Card / Digi Box combinations where the card can control the Digibox?

Topi Hukkanen topi.hukkanen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:24:14 UTC 2008

Sorry for being obtuse... but just to make sure we are on the same page:  I
am talking about a card such as this:
http://www.twinhan.com/product_terrestrial_3030.asp

So there's a slot for a card that you can plug in to watch pay channels.  I
don't think the descrambling aspect has anything to do with Linux, but the
card itself.  So is there one of these kinds of cards supported under
ubuntu/mythtv?

I don't really see why the card manufacturers would have anything to do with
the broadcasting companies...  in the spirit of capitalism, you would think
the card manufacturers would be ready and willing to enable linux based
support.