[mythtv-users] The end of analog - Digital Converter Vaporware?

Curtis Porter cdp at curtisporter.com
Thu Jan 24 14:59:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 12:30 -0500, Peter A. Daly wrote:

> Can anyone point me to a digital to analog SD converter that I can
> actually buy today?

I bought three of these Hisense HDTV tuners, one for myself and a few as
Christmas presents.  They are used but they work great.  I get all the
local digital OTA signals with them.  Until the government
voucher-approved models come out, it's hard to find a digital set-top
tuner for less.

http://stores.ebay.com/ProServ-Great-Products-Low-Prices_W0QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEMSQ3aSSTXQQtZkm

They're reprogrammed US Digital receivers.  Just a word of caution, if
you buy one from someone else, make sure it's been reprogrammed to
receive all local signals.  I understand there are a lot of them out
there that would basically be bricks.  I can vouch for the units sold by
this guy (he should pay me a commission for posting it here).

Curtis