[mythtv-users] Slave backend added, lost live tv

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Jan 24 16:55:45 UTC 2008

At 8:54 PM -0600 1/23/08, Gerald Brandt wrote:
>I've just added a slave backend (mythbuntu) to a master backend I've
>had running for years (gentoo).  When I start mythbackend on the
>slave, I can no longer watch live tv.

I ran into this after moving one of my HDHR tuners to a slave
backend. The reason was that the frontend was trying to default to
using that tuner for live TV.

I was able to work around this by removing and re-adding the tuner
(input) I wanted to be used by default (in mythtv-setup). It seems
that the last input in the list is always used when you start live TV.

There's no need to re-add the card or the channel lineups; just the input.