[mythtv-users] The end of analog - Digital Converter Vaporware?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jan 24 18:56:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 01:40:43PM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/23/2008 01:09 PM, John Drescher wrote:
> > If my rate went up to $75 for basic digital and no premium channels I
> > would not be a Comcast subscriber any more.
>
> I dropped cable when the $10/mo "basic basic" cable (i.e. locals only,
> analog only) went from $10/mo to $15/mo, and I've never looked back!  :)

Around here, that service is called "broadcast basic", and *used* to
include our community access channel (before they shut us down), and I
don't know that you can get it anymore.  It was completely free.

Their theory, as I have it, was that if they had a wire to your house,
you'd eventually decide to pay them for something...

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Witty slogan redacted until AMPTP stop screwing WGA