[mythtv-users] XvMCTex Init failed

Brian Phillips abitlater at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 03:19:45 UTC 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 9:03 PM, Brian Phillips <abitlater at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2008 9:16 AM, Brian Phillips <abitlater at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 23, 2008 9:31 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> > wrote:

> > > appears

> > > memory
> > >
> > > Fix your display drivers.  You're either using drivers that don't
> > > support Xv or don't support Xv at the resolution of your videos or
> > > that
> > > aren't installed properly.
> > >
> > > For info on how to fix your drivers, we'll need to know what video
> > > card/drivers you're currently using.
> > >
> > > Mike
> > >

> > last post error:
> > Here is the correct list of the drivers I was using yesterday, while
> > setting up mythtv
> >
> > 1) first one at 1600x1200
> > display: :0.0  screen: 0
> > OpenGL vendor string: DRI R300 Project
> > OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R300 20060815 AGP 4x x86/MMX/SSE2 TCL
> > OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 7.0.1
> >
> > 2) next at 1280x1024
> > display: :0.0  screen: 0
> > OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
> > OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
> > OpenGL version string: 1.4 (2.1 Mesa 7.0.1)
> >
> > 3) final and current, at 1280x1024
> > display: :0.0  screen: 0
> > OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
> > OpenGL renderer string: RADEON 9700 PRO
> > OpenGL version string: 2.1.7276 Release
> >
> > Sorry for top-posting last time :)
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Brian
> >

> ok, I got the pic-in-pic to work somehow?  but can't change channels
> inside the frontend - must use ivtv-tune, but this means I can't record tv
> shows... any ideas?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Brian

Ok, I figured this out.  Simple.  In the video source setup, I had my
listings grabber set to SchedulesDirect, but I had the channel frequency
table set to broadcast, not cable.  So, I was able to surf channels in the
frontend without using ivtv, as long as I surfed channel 12 or below!

So here is where I am, all works good but when I scanned for channels
(backend setup: Input Connections / Tuner 1), it added all the cable
channels but gave them names like "Adding Channel 10", "Adding Channel 11",
etc.  I want to get these to show the real names of the channels, like
"Discovery", "National Geographic", etc.  The list was populated like that
previously, when I had things screwed up - now I'm afraid to mess with
anything.

I have what appears to be 3 options in backend setup:
Input Connections / Tuner 1 / Scan for channels
Input Connections / Tuner 1 / Fetch channels from listing source
Channel Editor / Channel Scanner

Will either of those set the names properly? I do run mythfilldatabase every
time I change a setting in the backend.

--
Regards,
Brian