[mythtv-users] transcode after ripping

Kevin Kalmbach kevin.kalmbach at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 20:10:12 UTC 2008

I'm note sure if this has been answered already or not.

I have ripped several dvd's using the "Perfect" option on the rip dialog
(giving be .vob files).

Now I would like to go back and just run transcode on some of the files to
get them to "Excellent" quality.

Looking at the dvdtranscode tables, it looks like the transcode command will
be different if the type was type 2 or 4, so I don't think I can do it
automatically at the command line. Is there any other way of doing this?

I would also like to not have the videometadata info wiped out, but if it
is, it's not a big deal.

Thanks
-Kevin