[mythtv-users] CentOS 5.1 support

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 22:42:26 UTC 2008

> The CentOS extras repository XFS module packages for the stock kernel.
> That is what I am using.

CentOS is really starting to drive me crazy! I've just had another
attempt at installing it. At the end of the install and a "yum
upgrade" I have 2 kernel versions installed:

kernel-2.6.18-53.1.6.el5
kernel-2.6.18-53.el5

But when I try to do "yum install kmod-xfs" all it can find is a
version which is for kernel 2.6.18_53.1.4.el5 so it has to install
that version of the kernel as well which fails because there is a
later version (...1.6) installed. Huh - how come it's got this
mismatch?