[mythtv-users] Converts as you record for wireless transmission

Dan Cotter dancotter2003 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 23:56:36 UTC 2008

Hi,
My 58mbps wireless can only really achieve about 8mb (1MB) per second streaming. I want to record a program live and watch it over wireless. I am sharing the recordings folder, and I am running ubuntu.

How/where do I pick other codecs I can record too and which one would be best quality but under 1MB per second? The program is standard definition digital pal (576i).

Cheers