[mythtv-users] Where the bottleneck?

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 05:18:55 UTC 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 9:33 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:

> man if the video card is doing that really sucks.  i picked out the asus
> m2npv-vm just for the onboard video.

Well, I could certainly be wrong. All I have is a hunch based on my
experience (plus the fact that you've made any other changes I might
have suggested, as well as one or two I wouldn't have thought of).

Anyway, when my stepson was in high school I was editing video footage
(720 by 480  - firewire capture from DV camcorder) from his football
games in Kino, and the video stuttered badly during playback . I added
a video card to the computer, and video play became nice and smooth.

So that's my free advice, and I hope it's worth every penny.

Calvin Dodge