[mythtv-users] Converts as you record for wireless transmission

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Jan 26 20:43:05 UTC 2008

Gary Dawes wrote:

> Take a look at tablet-encode and mediaserv -
> http://mediautils.garage.maemo.org/tablet-encode.html. It will allow for
> on-demand transcoding and streaming from a web page. I use it to stream
> recordings to my Nokia N800 over wireless. It uses Mencoder as the
> backend encoder, and the bitrates etc are easily customisable.

Is it capable of transcoding and streaming in real time a live program?
That's what I think the OP was looking for.

Of course you could just reduce your bitrate and resolution to the point
where a slow network could handle it, but I was assuming that the OP
wanted a high-quality recording, but just wanted to watch it in reduced
quality, I may have been wrong on that.

If you have an existing recording then a lot of options are open.

beww