[mythtv-users] TV Out quality (S-Video) on Epia M1000

Michael J. Hammel mythtv at graphics-muse.com
Sat Jan 26 20:44:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 09:10 +0000, David Watkins wrote:
> and is this still in your xorg.conf?
>
> > Section "Device"
> >         Identifier  "VideocardViaTv"
> >         Driver      "via"
> >         VendorName  "Via"
> >         BoardName   "cle266"
> >         BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
> >         Option      "TVType" "PAL"
> >         Option      "TVOutput" "S-Video"
> >         Option      "EnableAGPDMA" "true"
> > EndSection

Not exactly, but close:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "via"
        Option      "ActiveDevice" "TV"
        Option      "TVType" "NTSC"
        Option      "TVOutput" "S-Video"
        Option      "EnableAGPDMA" "true"
EndSection

> I'd have expected you to be using NTSC in the US.

I am.

> So I'd investigate PAL vs NTSC confusion.  I know that feeding an NTSC
> signal into a PAL TV can produce a 'Black and White' image.  Maybe the
> converse produces the type of picture you're seeing.

No, that wasn't the problem.  It's been NTSC since I started.  But
thanks for the idea anyway.

--
Michael J. Hammel <mythtv at graphics-muse.com>