[mythtv-users] A clustered PVR just rocks...

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Jan 27 01:45:50 UTC 2008

On Jan 26, 2008, at 1:22 AM, Dean Harding wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> That's not true. If you find a bug, you submit it in trac and it is
>> tracked there as a bug even if you don't have a fix for it. It gets
>> assigned to a developer and they will fix when they it rises to the
>> top of their radar. However, if you submit a FEATURE REQUEST
>> without a
>> patch, it is removed since it's not a bug, but a feature request
>> without a patch. Feature Requests WITH patches are happily accepted
>> into trac and considered for inclusion into the code.
>
> Depends on how you define "bug" and "new feature". For example, you
> could argue that support for a tunerless backend is a "bug", or you
> could just as easily argue that it's a "new feature"...
>
> This is getting a bit off-topic now, anyway.
>
> Dean.

You you cut out the part of my reply that explained why running a
tunerless backend is a feature request and not a bug so I assume you
didn't read it or didn't like the answer you got. Either way, the
point is moot. It won't get fixed without a patch since no developer
seems interested in taking time out of their lives to make it work for
you.