[mythtv-users] Playing ripped DVD slow

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Sun Jan 27 02:14:04 UTC 2008

On Saturday 26 January 2008 12:39:54 Husam Senussi wrote:
> What would the reason playing some of ripped DVD is to slow, no all
> the dvd i ripped by mythTV is slow.
> Some  of them works but some slow and others you see the picture after
> the sound.

Did you transcode when you ripped the DVD, or rip it as a raw ISO to keep all
the DVD menus? Transcoding can sometimes create problems like this, and not
just when ripping DVDs. (In fact, my own experience of transcoding problems
is with entirely non-DVD sources; it's possible it's less trouble-prone with
DVD sources.)

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com