[mythtv-users] 3 minor issues

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 27 02:48:16 UTC 2008

George Mari wrote:
> Harry Devine wrote:

> [deleted]
>
>>> Secondly, whenever my Myth box reboots (maintenance, power outage,
>>> etc.), the mythbackend process restarts as expected, but it changes the
>>> channel on my STB to channel 117.  How can I either stop this from
>>> happening, or at least change it to a different channel?
>>>

> [deleted]
>  > Can I assume by the lack of responses that NOBODY is having issues
>  > like this?  And NOBODY is using firewire or having their frontends
>  > starting automatically?
>
> For your second minor issue:
>
> 1. Open a shell on your backend.  Run mythtvsetup on the backend.  If
> you have a separate frontend and backend machine, and you don't have X
> running on your backend, you can use the '-X' option when invoking ssh
> to connect to your backend, and mythtvsetup will open a window on the
> machine you invoke ssh from, assuming it's running X.
> 2. When mythtvsetup starts, choose option 4, 'Input connections'.  You
> can use your arrow keys on your keyboard, and then press enter once
> number 4 is highlighted.  You can be adventurous and try entering '4'
> directly.
> 3. In the screen that follows, locate your tuner/video source
> combination.  You can use the same arrow key business as in the previous
>   step, then press enter on the keyboard.
> 4. On the screen that appears next, use the up or down arrow keys to
> highlight the field labeled 'Preset tuner to channel'.  Once this field
> is highlighted, change the value from 117 to whatever channel you want
> the tuner to be on when the backend starts.
> 5. Select the 'Finish' button by pressing the 'Alt-F' key combination,
> or use the up/down arrow keys to highlight the button, and then press
> the enter key.
> 6. Use the escape key to exit all the way out back to the shell.
>
> To test,
>
> 1. Wait for a period of time where neither tuner is recording anything.
> 2. Use the 'Watch Tv' function from the frontend to select the tuner you
> made the changes to, and change it to some channel other than the one
> you set in the previous set of steps.
> 3. Exit from your frontend.
> 4. Restart your backend - either the machine itself or just the
> mythbackend process, whatever your more comfortable with.
> 5. After the server is back up or mythbackend has restarted, start
> mythfrontend.
> 6. Choose the 'Watch Tv' function.  You should see that it now tunes to
> the channel you preset in the first set of steps.
>
> Some alternatives to following these steps:
>
> 1. Search the wiki at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
> 2. Search the list archives at
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/
>
> Both of those together will probably take you less time than it took me
> to type in these detailed steps for you.
>
> Good luck.
>
> --
> [...]
Thanks for the suggestions.  I had been there before, but didn't find
any answers.  However, I revisited it for giggles.  Both of my inputs on
my pcHDTV5500 card are set to start on channels 3 and 10 respectively (3
for the DVB portion and 10 for the V4L analog portion).  For both
inputs, the "Preset tuner to channel" entry is blank, so I have no idea
as to where it's getting 117 from.

Thanks,
Harry