[mythtv-users] How to eliminate or at least gracefully exit mythwecome (revisited)

James Hood ebenblues at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 03:00:49 UTC 2008

FWIW, I'm very interested in getting rid of mythwelcome also and integrating
the functionality directly into mythfrontend/mythbackend, i.e, if all
mythfrontend's are idle at a menu for X number of minutes, then mythbackend
will automatically shutdown.

James

On Jan 27, 2008 7:41 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2008, at 5:53 PM, Scott Traurig wrote:
>

> >> OK, I'm a moron. I had no idea there was an "M" menu! That works
> >> fine!
> >>

> > Actually, maybe not such a moron...
> >
> > That menu does not reliably appear, hence now I'd like to just
> > eliminate
> > mythwelcome. Help with that would be most appreciated.
>
> Not sure why it's not reliable for you, but to avoid mythwelcome,
> don't use it. Just launch mythfrontend instead of mythwelcome.

"The humble learn the fastest because they don't waste time on defending a
false image."