[mythtv-users] Starting up pcHDTV HD-5500 audio problems

Nick Wilson vanilla.slimfast at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 23:22:02 UTC 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 11:47 PM, Bruce Lytle <brucelytle at comcast.net> wrote:

> But the sound sucks! It has, what I can only describe as "ringing". The
> only thing I see wrong, is that when myth starts, it is using the OSS
> mode. I can see in dmesg that the card is using the ALSA drivers. How do
> I get myth to stop using OSS and use ALSA?
>
> Does anyone else know how to deal with the "ringing" in the audio?
>
> Regards,
> Bruce

I had the same problem when I used my 5500 for NTSC capture.  For whatever
reason, the v4l setup for analog capture defaults to 32000khz mp3 for the
audio.  Go into your recorder profiles and bump the audio rate up to 48000
and the quality up to 10.  Anything less than that causes the "ringing" you
are describing.

-Nick