[mythtv-users] The final nail in the RIAA - the curve accelerates AGAIN

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jan 29 01:07:22 UTC 2008

Greg Woods wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 11:42 -0500, Josh White wrote:
>> but you're ok with spyware that you do control?
>
> On my own system, yes. It's like "Smolt", I can choose to report or not
> report, and that doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't silently report
> without asking me (in which case I do not control it).

Ultimately you do control it. You control all packets inbound and
outbound from your own equipment.

You can firewall and/or filter anything passing through your network.

But most systems are not set up to monitor or control outbound stuff,
perhaps they should be.

Something like "Little Snitch" for the Mac.

http://www.macworld.com/article/50790/2006/05/littlesnitch12.html

beww