[mythtv-users] Sirius on Mythtv Broken - Sipie

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 02:59:13 UTC 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 6:08 PM, Eric (MythTV) <eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com> wrote:

> Gabe:
>
> I did as you suggested, and tried it with the sample mute commands.
> This is what I put in my /home/mythtv/.lircrc file:
>
> begin
> prog = mplayer
> button = Volume-UP
> repeat = 4
> config = mute
> end
>
> begin
> prog = mplayer
> button = Volume-DOWN
> repeat = 4
> config = mute
> end
>

> I rebooted, and nothing happens.  Its almost as if mplayer isnt getting
> anything from lirc.  I verified that I'm using the right button names, I
> double-checked my /etc/lircd.conf file, and those are the names, and I
> ran "irw" and hit my volume up and volume down buttons, and I got:
>
> 0000000000001791 00 Volume-DOWN grayHauppauge
> 0000000000001f90 00 Volume-UP grayHauppauge
>

> Yet mplayer still isnt muting.  So, it seems as if mplayer isnt even
> getting my lirc commands at all... so perhaps its a matter of figuring
> out why and how to fix that.  mplayer says it defaults to ~/.lircrc as
> the default lirc file... and it is being called as the user "mythtv".

One thing I forgot to mention, that you may have figured out here, is
that mythtv and mplayer look for the lircrc in different places and by
different names: mythtv looks for it in ~/.mythtv/lircrc and mplayer
looks for it at ~/.lircrc  .   So you may want to set up a symlink so
that you only have one lircrc file.  I am not sure how you have it
setup, but make sure both of those files exist (either as separate
files or symlinked to each other).

If that does not work, I am not sure what to say.  Are you able to use
any other remote commands with mplayer?  It has been a while since I
have used mplayer (I know just use the Internal player for vids), so I
am not sure if I can be of much help here.  If all else fails, can you
not use the volume controls for your tv?