[mythtv-users] CentOS 5.1 support

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 11:44:10 UTC 2008

On 29/01/2008, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure I understand your question (is _what_ valid?) - bit tricky
> when you top post ;) But I think it would be the same as on Fedora,
> really. I don't know whether Axel gets Fedora rpms up to date quicker
> than CentOS but I doubt there's much in it. I notice that the kernel
> versions on CentOS are a bit behind Fedora so I'm thinking that may
> mean there's less kernel releases.

<snip>

> This is exactly why I've just gone to CentOS from Fedora. I got
> end-of-lifed on Fedora and it feels like I only built the box
> yesterday! CentOS 5.1 will continue to get updates until 31st March
> 2014 (see http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General#q20).

Valid being does this work for nova-T's and CentOS.

I just need to find the downtime to do an upgrade/re-install :-)

I know that Centos has a long EOL date, but ATrpms or any other
dependencies may become the limiting factor.  I can always roll my own
if required in the future but I am looking for for long term (low
maintenance) solution to the upgrade treadmill issue.

Greg