[mythtv-users] Gnome-screensaver and lirc

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 11:59:28 UTC 2008

I have recently moved to CentOS from Fedora. One of the "features" of
this change has been that I can't install xscreensaver, only
gnome-screensaver. Somehow, even when I link directly to the
xscreensaver rpm URL yum still decides it will install
gnome-screensaver instead.

Gnome-screensaver kicks in just fine, but it doesn't turn off when a
button on the serial lirc remote is pressed. I've seen some posts
about this on some of the lists and about it being in SVN, but I
assumed it had made it into 0.20.2.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem - either how to install
xscreensaver on CentOS or how to make the remote deactivate
gnome-screensaver?

Regards,
Phill