[mythtv-users] Lvm slowdown

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Tue Jan 29 19:18:03 UTC 2008

I recently expanded my lvm to a second drive.  I didn't want to wait for
storage groups and didn't want to run SVN, I'm impatient :(

I've noticed my system isn't as fast as it once was...

My current configuration is a mythbuntu system, so all IDE drives are
/dev/sdxx.  I have one drive on /dev/sda and one drive on /dev/sdb.  With
swap space on /dev/sda.

I got to thinkin the other day that it might not be the best idea (for
performance) to have these two drives sharing the same IDE cable.  Am I
correct in that assumption?  If I am correct, how can I go about moving
/dev/sdb to /dev/sdc.  I can change the cable around, but I'm sure that
something will break in LVM...right?