[mythtv-users] Lvm slowdown - please disregard

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Tue Jan 29 19:20:55 UTC 2008

Brian Phillips wrote:
> I recently expanded my lvm to a second drive.  I didn't want to wait
> for storage groups and didn't want to run SVN, I'm impatient :(
>
> I've noticed my system isn't as fast as it once was...
>
> My current configuration is a mythbuntu system, so all IDE drives are
> /dev/sdxx.  I have one drive on /dev/sda and one drive on /dev/sdb.
> With swap space on /dev/sda.
>
> I got to thinkin the other day that it might not be the best idea
> (for performance) to have these two drives sharing the same IDE
> cable.  Am I correct in that assumption?  If I am correct, how can I
> go about moving /dev/sdb to /dev/sdc.  I can change the cable around,
> but I'm sure that something will break in LVM...right?

Unless you want to chime in about the performance aspects of two IDE drives
in LVM sharing the same cable (when there's a free IDE cable not being used,
no DVD player) then you can disregard this post.  Sorry I wasted time.  I
found this:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/LVM-HOWTO/#RemoveADisk

Looks like I can just follow that and I'm good.