No subject

Fri Jan 4 05:44:35 UTC 2008

have two motherboards.  1 is amd with x processor, 1 is intel with y
processor.  1 has less slots than I want, but is good becuase it as PCI-e
graphics.  The other has a lowly AGP slot.  Is it worth going to the maybe
slower intel setup that would allow me to put all my cards in it or not?"

 Given that we don't know that he has 20TB of storage and that he transcodes
and commercial flags 24/7 on his potential 96 hours of content per day, if
it were me, I'd give the parts I have that can put all the tuners in the
same machine a try and then fix stuff when it proved that it didn't satisfy
me.  Sure, if the guy is deciding to buy new parts, then it's worth
discussing parts as if any and all options are on the table, but in this
case, I think most are missing the intent here.

Colin, do I have the wrong take on this?  Could you clarify whether you are
deciding how best to mix-n-match your existing parts, or are you trying to
decide what to buy new?